Roper Technologies, Inc. Privacy Notice
Last Updated: June 27, 2022
If you are a California resident, please click here for more information about your specific privacy rights.
Your privacy is important to us. Please read this Privacy Notice carefully to learn how we collect, use, share, and otherwise process information relating to individuals (“Personal Data”), and to learn about your rights and choices regarding your Personal Data.
Roper Technologies Inc. (“Roper”) is the controller of your Personal Data as described in this Privacy Notice, unless specified otherwise. This Privacy Notice applies to the collection and processing of Personal Data collected by us when you visit our branded websites that link to this Privacy Notice; use our online products and services as an authorized user where we act as a controller of your Personal Data; visit our branded social media pages; visit our facilities; communicate with us (including emails, phone calls, texts or fax); or register for, attend or take part in our events, webinars, trade shows or contests.
This Privacy Notice does not apply to Roper subsidiaries that maintain their own websites and privacy policies. Please refer to those websites for the applicable privacy policies regarding information shared with those entities.
1. Collection of Personal Data. We collect three types of Personal Datal from you:
- Information You Provide: We collect and record any information that you provide to us directly, including any personal identifiers, professional or employment-related information, financial account information, commercial information, visual information, or internet activity information that you provide to us through this website or other medium.
- Information We Collect Automatically: We automatically collect and store information about your use of this website and our services. To do so, we may use cookie technology and other online identifiers to track your IP address, web browser, geolocation, or your activity on this site.
- Other Information We Collect: We may combine data from other source with Personal Data we from you. These other sources may be from third parties or from publicly available sources. This may include information related to your employment, education, commercial interactions, and internet activity.
In some cases, the collection and processing (see Section 2 below) of Personal Data is required for you to receive certain products or services. Personal Data does not include information that is anonymized or aggregated such that you cannot be identified from it.
If you provide us or our service providers with any Personal Data relating to other individuals, you represent that you have the authority to do so and have obtained any necessary consent for the information to be used in accordance with this Privacy Notice. If you believe that your Personal Data has been provided to us improperly or want to exercise your rights relating to your Personal Data, please contact us by using the information in Contact Us section (Section 16) below.
2. Processing and Use of Personal Data. We process your Personal Data for the purposes listed below. Where required by law, we obtain your consent to use and process your Personal Data for these purposes. Otherwise, we rely on another authorized legal basis (including but not limited to the (a) performance of a contract or (b) legitimate interest) to collect and process your Personal Data.
- Securing our websites and services: We process your Personal Data as part of our efforts to maintain, monitor and secure our website and services. This may include aggregating data, verifying accounts, investigating suspicious activity, and enforcing our terms and policies to the extent necessary to further our legitimate interest in maintaining a safe and secure website, products and services and in protecting our rights and the rights of others.
- Account Management: If you have registered for an account with us, we process your Personal Data to manage your account for the purpose of meeting our obligations to you according to applicable law or contract.
- Responding to contact requests: If you contact us electronically or by phone, we process your Personal Data to perform our contract with you or to the extent it is necessary for our legitimate interest in responding to your inquiry and communicating with you. We may record and process communications for training, quality assurance, and administration purposes. If required under applicable law, we will obtain your prior consent or give you the option to object to a call being recorded.
- Managing payments: We may process your financial information and other Personal Data to verify that information and to collect payments to the extent that doing so is required to perform our contract with you.
- Tracking office visitors: If you visit our facilities, we may process your Personal Data for security, health, or safety reasons (including any NDAs our visitors may be required to sign) to the extent such processing is necessary to further our legitimate interest in protecting our offices and our confidential information against unauthorized access.
- Marketing and Advertising: We may process your Personal Data to advertise to you, conduct market research, and to provide other personalized content based upon your Personal Data to the extent it is necessary for our legitimate interest in advertising our websites, services or products. Where legally required, we will obtain your consent before engaging in any marketing or advertising.
- Complying with legal and safety obligations: We process your Personal Data when cooperating with public and government authorities, protecting our legal rights, conducting audits, and protecting against abuse of our services and products.
3. Protecting Personal Data. We take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the Personal Data in our possession from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. While we follow generally accepted standards to protect Personal Data, no method of storage or transmission is 100% secure or error-free. Personal Data you send to or from the website or via e-mail may not be secure, and we encourage you to contact us about more secure ways to share sensitive information when necessary. Where you use passwords, ID numbers, or other special access features on this site, it is your responsibility to safeguard them and to log out of any accounts you access after your sessions.
4. Your Individual Rights. You may have certain rights relating to your Personal Data based on applicable local data protection laws. Depending on the applicable laws these rights may include the right to:
- Request and receive copies of your Personal Data that we hold;
- Request additional information about how we process your Personal Data;
- Correct inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data (taking into account our use of it);
- Request deletion of your Personal Data;
- Restrict or object to our processing of your Personal Data. Where we process Personal Data for direct marketing purposes (either by us or third parties), you may not have to provide a specific reason for such objection;
- Require us (if possible) to transfer your Personal Data to another controller (e., data portability);
- Restrict certain disclosures of your Personal Data to third parties;
- Not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects; and
- Withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Data (to the extent we base processing on consent and not on another lawful basis).
We will not discriminate against you, in any manner prohibited by applicable law, for exercising these rights. You may exercise these rights, to the extent applicable, by sending us an email at email@example.com, writing to us at Roper Privacy Officer, 6901 Professional Parkway, Suite 200, Lakewood Ranch, FL 34240-8473. We will respond to any such requests within 30 days of receipt.
5. Personal Data Retention. Personal Data will be stored for as long as the information is required to fulfill our legitimate business needs or the purposes for which the Personal Data was collected, or for such period as is required by law.
6. Data Transfers to Countries Outside the EU/EEA. Your data may be used and disclosed by the Company and its divisions, holding companies, subsidiaries and affiliates, or other entities outside the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA) including in the U.S. Please note that in countries outside the country in which you live a different standard of data protection might apply than the standard that you are used to in your own country.
7. Disclosing Personal Data to Third Parties. We do not sell Personal Data about you to unrelated companies for their independent use. We may share your Personal Information with the categories of recipients described below:
- Roper’s divisions, holding companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates.
- Third party service providers or other entities that perform services on our behalf, help us provide you with our products and services, and that otherwise support our relationship with you (such as shipping or direct mailing organizations). These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by applicable data protection laws.
- Law enforcement, government agencies, or other regulators to comply with law or legal requirements, to enforce our agreements, and to protect our rights and the property or safety of Roper, our employees, or third parties.
- Transactional parties if we, or some or all of our assets, acquire or are acquired by another entity, including through a sale or in connection with a bankruptcy.
- Your employer or coworkers if you receive our products or services in connection with your employment.
We may also share Personal Information that has been deidentified or aggregated with third parties for any purpose.
8. Promotional and Marketing Policy. We may ask you to consent to being contacted by us for promotional and marketing purposes. However, you may opt-out of receiving promotional or marketing emails at any time by notifying us as a reply to any unwanted e-mail, by using the unsubscribe function in our communications, contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by writing to us at Roper Privacy Officer, 6901 Professional Parkway, Suite 200, Lakewood Ranch, FL 34240-8473.
9. Cookies and Tracking Technologies. Please see our Cookies and Tracking Technologies Notification below.
11. Children. Our website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information to us through this website. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not access, use, or provide any information on the website or on or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Data from a child under 16 without parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us by sending us an email at email@example.com or writing to us at Roper Privacy Officer, 6901 Professional Parkway, Suite 200, Lakewood Ranch, FL 34240-8473.
12. Data Breaches. While we work hard to reduce the likelihood of data breaches, we have dedicated controls and procedures in place for such situations, along with the procedures to notify regulatory authorities and data subjects as required by law.
California Consumer Privacy Act Disclosures
This California Consumer Privacy Act disclosure page (“Disclosure”) supplements the Privacy Notice above and is effective as of June 27, 2022. The Privacy Notice describes the personal information that we collect, the sources from which we collect it, the purposes for which we use it, the limited circumstances under which we share personal information, and with whom we share it. These additional disclosures are required by the California Consumer Privacy Act:
Categories of personal information collected. The personal information that Roper collects, or has collected from consumers in the twelve months prior to the effective date of this Disclosure, fall into the following categories established by the California Consumer Privacy Act:
- identifiers (g., name, address, phone number, IP address);
- protected classifications (e.g., age, gender, gender identity);
- financial and commercial information (e.g., credit card numbers, purchase history);
- internet or other online activity information;
- biometric information;
- geolocation data (e.g., computer/device location);
- audio or visual information;
- professional/educational information; and
- inferences drawn from any of the above.
Categories of personal information disclosed for a business purpose. In the 12 months prior to the effective date of this Disclosure, Roper has disclosed to the third parties identified in the “Disclosing Personal Information to Third Parties” section of the Privacy Notice above personal information that falls into the following categories established by the California Consumer Privacy Act:
- protected classifications;
- financial and commercial information;
- internet or other online activity information;
- geolocation data;
- audio or visual information; and
- professional/educational information.
Right to Access to or Delete Personal Information: The California Consumer Protect Act may provide you with the right to request information about the personal information Roper collects about you, to receive a copy of your personal information, or delete the personal information we hold. If you wish to do any of these things, please visit here or contact Customer Service. Depending on your data choices, certain services may be limited or unavailable. You may exercise these rights by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at Roper Privacy Officer, 6901 Professional Parkway, Suite 200, Lakewood Ranch, FL 34240-8473. We will respond to any such requests within 30 days of receipt.
No sale of personal information. Roper has not sold any personal information of consumers, as those terms are defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act, in the 12 months prior to the effective date of this Disclosure.
No Discrimination. Roper will not discriminate against any consumer for exercising their rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
COOKIES AND TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
Strictly-necessary cookies and technology. These are cookies and other technologies that are required for the operation of our website, our products, and our services, and therefore cannot be turned off. You can set your browser or device to block or alert you about these cookies, but functionality may be impaired. These cookies do not store any personal data. These cookies are used solely for the purpose of carrying out or facilitating the transmission of a communication and are strictly necessary to provide you with the information society service you have expressly requested. The use of these cookies for the purposes described above is based on our legitimate interest to ensure your access to and the proper technical functioning of our website, products, and services that you have expressly requested.
Targeting cookies. These cookies record your activity on our site or using our services including the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We may use this information to make our content more relevant to you to measure the effectiveness of our marketing. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose. These are also optional cookies, although if you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
Your Choices: Managing Your Preferences
When you first visit our website you will be presented with a banner which offers you a choice about whether to accept or reject cookies or tracking technologies of different types, with the exception of those cookies which are strictly necessary for a particular service.
If you wish, you can also choose how web browser cookies are handled by your device via your browser settings. Some devices allow you to control this through your device settings. If you choose not to receive cookies at any time, websites may not function properly and certain services will not be provided. Each browser and device is different, so check the settings menu of the browser or device to learn how to change your settings and cookie preferences.
You can find information on how to manage cookie settings on certain browsers via the following links:
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Safari